Journalists - (Grad 5 / 6) or a Senior Journalist (Grade 7)
|Job Title:||Journalists - (Grad 5 / 6) or a Senior Journalist (Grade 7)|
|Salary:||$65-80K + super – depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Brenton Moore|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2019 12:42|
- North Sydney offices
- Newsroom experience important
- $65-80K + super – depending on experience
We are looking for mid-level to senior journalists to report news and create original content for print &/or their digital platforms and a podcast series that is proving to be most popular.
Working with colleagues across departmental boundaries (Sales, Events, Production, Marketing and AV) you will create compelling content for the audience that in turn will create marketing opportunities for the business. You’ll use your journalistic experience and build your industry knowledge to create opportunities for interviews, podcasts and features to produce content across different mediums, reaching the audience across multiple channels. You will be a key part of the journey, building on the quality, reach and impact of this particular brand.
Specifically, you will;
- File great copy at or before deadline which addresses audience expectations and needs
- Produce daily bulletins
- Regularly propose editorial ideas, news angles and feature suggestions
- Apply best practice search engine optimisation (SEO) for all digital content
- Coordinate podcasts, arranging interviews, logistics and transcription of recordings
- Build a personal network of professional contacts and sources which you leverage for news and information
- Attend relevant industry events, promoting the brand/title and sourcing new sources and editorial content.
We wish to hear from those who have at least one to three years’ experience writing for a business or media platform gained through a mixture of employment and internships plus qualifications in journalism.
Through this experience you will be able to navigate the demands, cycles, tools and systems that make up a modern newsroom, delivering content across multiple platforms.
You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and, importantly, is not afraid of hard work. Someone that has the ability to become immersed in a subject area to one day become a thought leader in the industry you are reporting on.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's