MEDIA & PR MANGER – SLSA
|Job Title:||MEDIA & PR MANGER – SLSA|
|Salary:||$120,000 salary package|
|Contact Name:||Brenton Moore|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2018 19:20|
- Bondi Icebergs offices
- Focus on lifesaving, sports events and positive commercial outcomes
- $120,000 salary package + tools of trade
As one of Australia's most respected organisations and world leader in lifesaving, coastal public safety, rescue and education services; the SLSA are currently looking for a full-time Media & PR Manager to join their team.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver SLSA’s media campaigns and exposure through the full range of media channels, ensuring consistency of message, tone and strategy across all external touch points for the organisation. Raising the profile of SLSA with key stakeholders and fostering strategic relationships in Government and other external influencing bodies, is also key.
Reporting to the GM Business Development & Communication, the key areas of focus for the role are:
- Media Strategy & Relations – Our organisational and campaign objectives require strong media and PR strategies behind them so you will need to develop and implement these with confidence. Cultivation of high value relationships with local, national and some international media across television, radio, print, magazines and online will be necessary.
- Stakeholder Management – Establishing strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify and manage emerging issues, promote thought leadership and provide media advice and briefings to the CEO, Executive team and Board members is key. Building and maintaining cooperative and productive relationships with the Australian government in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan is also essential.
- Measurement and Reporting – we look forward to seeing your hard work paying off. Impress us via regular reports of the reach and impact of your media activities.
We are looking for a proactive media & corporate affairs superstar who embodies the Surf Life Saving values and has the following experience and attributes:
- Experience working with the media is going to be a huge advantage in this role. Knowledge of the Australian media and media promotions is a must.
- Experience in developing and implementing media plans and strategies to achieve specific aims and objectives will be vital.
- Ability to establish strong relationships across SLSA, state and territory entities and SLSA Directors is critical.
- You’ll be responsible for efficient use of media budgets, so previous financial management experience is essential, along with being a commercially minded thinker.
- Solid skills across the Microsoft Office suite and we’d of course expect you to be familiar with the internet, databases and social networking platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; experience in writing media releases, articles and externally focussed communications for a range of audiences.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Tertiary qualification in media, corporate affairs and/or communications, but relevant experience won’t be overlooked.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Circa $100K + super
$100K base + super – based on experience
DIGITAL EDITOR – Luxury Magazine
$70-$75K base + super on offer – depending on experience
PERFORMANCE MARKETING MANAGER
$85K + super + bonus on offer